Currently, there is no evidence that companion animals can be infected with or spread COVID-19. We recommend you refer to the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) for more information.
Those who have symptoms of respiratory illness (cough, sneezing, shortness of breath, fever) are asked to stay home. If you are experiencing these symptoms above, and your pet has a scheduled appointment, please call or email us to reschedule your appointment.
We ask all employees and pet owners to follow the CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of disease: wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, please use hand sanitizer.
In-Clinic Appointments / Pick Up
Starting Tuesday 3/17/2020 Sunset Hill Vet and Rehabilitation Center will be implementing the following policies to protect our staff, clients and patients:
- Only Sunset Hill employees and approved vendors will be allowed into the building.
- Sunset Hill Staff will meet clients at the front door with their pet. Cats must be in a carrier. Dogs will need their collar and personal leashes removed and a Sunset Hill slip leash will be provided. Only Sunset Hill staff will touch the slip leash.
- Pet parents will be asked to phone the front desk at 206-706-7800 when they arrive. All communication with the pet parent will be via phone and/or email.
- Please call the front desk at the time of your appointment
- While your pet is being examined, please return to your vehicle or remain available for the veterinarian to call during your scheduled appointment time
- If you are unavailable to speak with the veterinarian during the scheduled appointment time, communication may need to be completed via email at a later time
- If you are unable to pick your pet up at the end of the scheduled appointment time, an additional boarding fee will be added to your invoice
- Approval for estimates will be via email or phone.
- Unfortunately, at this time we will not be allowing in-person patient visits. We are working on providing virtual visits when able.
- At the time of discharge a Sunset Hill staff member will call go over the discharge instructions over the phone. Discharge instructions can be emailed upon request.
- The phone will then be transferred to our office coordinators so the client can provide a credit card number and check out over the phone. Receipts will be emailed.
- While hospital sanitation has always been a top concern of ours, we are increasing sanitation throughout the building.
- Any client that has an appointment and is feeling ill is being asked to reschedule their appointments until they are well.
Please call or email with any questions you may have. This is a new process for all of us and we are implementing it to keep everyone safe while giving the best care possible to our pet community.